As digital entrepreneurs, we are tangled in a dire podium that prohibits us to step out of the box and foster creativity. Most of the upcoming companies derive their potentiality by stealing ideas from other proficient brands – acting as a parasite . Following a brand is one thing, but relying totally on them is another. We adapt their innovative ideas by compromising our own and built a sustainable strategy to keep our business alive in upcoming days. But, how can we ensure our growth? How can we say a plan that has worked for a plumbing organization will work for a restaurant? The clear cut-answer is we can’t. To survive in this world of competition, we have to be different, we need to shape our own innovative ideas and moreover we need to built a platform to define our originality and portray our vision. Many skilled entrepreneurs run after success, but on the way they leave out small things which can make a big difference.
1. Be diverse “Two heads are better than one”, they say it for a reason. Diverse teams are definitely capable of stirring up more ideas than a lone creative genius. By congregating more heads we will be able to develop innovative strategies and stay a step ahead of our competitors. However, we need to select right personnel to obtain effective results. To be creative, teams should have people of differing skills, talents and backgrounds, but with similar values and motivations. Everyone should be united behind a common goal.
2. Take a break A systematized amalgam of consistent effort and occasional break is more likely to produce creative breakthrough than ceaselessly grinding away at a problem. It’s even better to include exercise into breaks to get more efficient results. Researchers have stated that people come up with innovative ideas when their bodies are in motion.
3. Reduce time pressures Putting a gun on your employees head to deliver quick result will only minimize their creativity. To get the best out of your workers you have to offer them a relaxed environment and reduce time pressures. Seasoned professionals even believe deadline is the key factor that decreases the quality of output. So, before you order your employees to be creative in the 11th hour, step back and think if you are digging a hole to bury their creativity.
4. Change the scene Occasionally most of the proficient experts try to generate daylong idea by sitting in front of their desktop screens. But in reality things are quite different, idea-generating sessions are mostly effective when held outside the organizational walls. By doing so, brainstormers will have a better chance to evaluate the external scenario and design best solutions for the organization.
5. Embrace failure The fallacy image of failure in corporate culture has put a stop to experts from generating innovative ideas. Creative people should be inspired to come up with new approaches and try them out. Who knows, within a pile of mistakes one might find an accurate plan with the potential to enhance the entire anatomy of the business.
Conclusion It’s useless to foster creative team if you are happy with the way your organization is carrying the business. Encourage your staffs to be creative and inspire them to step out of the box and think differently. All these techniques are best if you have the right employees, but things will be even better if these ideas are firstly implemented by the person whose vision created the organization.